As the world faces the COVID19 pandemic, L&T’s Smart World & Communication business is leveraging technology to help fight it. The business has rolled out smart technology solutions in more than 20 major cities across India, to help city administrations in tracking patients, containing spread, monitoring quarantined people, controlling crowding by police personnel, disseminating public services messages and establishing rule of law in the current pandemic scenario. We have partnered with municipal and police agencies of various cities to set up technology interventions and manage Command & Control Centres / City Operations Centres across India.
AI based Video Analytics like Crowd Detection are deployed in the existing city surveillance infrastructure to alert authorities on crowd gathering.
Various hi-tech technology solutions have been implemented or are in the stage of being implemented, specifically with the objective of managing the pandemic and helping rescue efforts by the administration:
1. AI based Video Analytics like Crowd Detection has been deployed in the existing city surveillance infrastructure to alert authorities on crowd gathering.
2. Customized advisories issued from City Command and Control Centres in coordination with Municipal Corporations and other stakeholders.
3. Public Address System and Variable Message Displays (VMD) deployed citywide in coordination with Municipal Corporations.
4. Mobile apps rolled out for surveys, SOS and tracking of the affected citizens.
5. Chatbots for emergency curfew pass systems
In addition, we are also working on next gen solutions for drone-based surveillance to prevent crowd formations and fever detection using thermal cameras.